Friday, June 26, 2009

The 3 Day Walk

I want to let you guys know that I am walking the 3 Day Walk for breast cancer with my family! My mother lost her mom to breast cancer when she was 18.  Her mom was 47.  My dad lost his mom to breast cancer when he was 30.  His mom was 52.  My Grandma Faye is a breast cancer survivor.  I am thrilled to raise 2,300 to help promote research to end this terrible disease. Each participant is required to raise the full 2,300 in order to participate in the race(They ain't playin about fighting breast cancer!!).  The three Day will consist of walking a total of 65 miles over the course of three consecutive days.  I have a dear family friend who walked this race 2 years ago.  She gave me some great advice.  She committed before the race that she would finish no matter what.  This would be her way of honoring the lives lost, and the people who work hard to fight cancer in the present and the future.  She literally fought through blisters bleeding through two pairs of socks and her shoes to walk every step of the race.  I, too, am dedicated to walking every single step of this race to honor my family members and the people who choose to give their personal time and money to help find a cure for this disease.  

I am surprised by the training (and my lack endurance, shesh!).  I am hoping that the discipline of training will bleed over to other areas of my life and produce some goooood fruit!

There is a button on the side bar of my blog if you would like to donate.  This will be a really exciting, challenging journey for my family.  I will definitely let you know how it goes.

Have a great weekend!

post signature

1 comment: