Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Whoooo Me?

Hey everyone! I have decided that I will be a quarterly updating blogger. I have ten posts that will run twice a week for the next five weeks. I love to journal, but never want to turn my computer on at the end of the day to blog, so I think this system will work. Hope you guys enjoy and are inspired (kidding!) over the next few weeks.

I recently made these onsies for my SIL's shower. Her husband wanted owl's in the nursery, and I felt bad that I didn't end up putting any in there so I decided a onsie was in order. If you can draw some shapes, and iron on some wonder under you are in business. Super easy and personal. I have to say, it is a little weird giving family stuff you make. It kind of feels like, here is my 4 grade art project, but we are going with it.

The Owl

Whoooo me?

When Jeff and I were dating, I went on a trip with his family to Florida. I was in the car with his whole family driving (for 10 hours). We kept passing nail salons that all had the same name (Nails by so and so). Steve, Jeff's dad, had the kids all go around and say what their nail salon would be. We heard more things like Nails by So and So. I was on the spot and got nervous. When it got to me I said the first thing that came to mind and had the word nails in it. Out came, "Snails." Uggggggg! Jeff followed it up by saying my salon would specialize in speedy service. Nice:) So, the second onsie commemorates Aunt Linde's genius comments, or lack there of.

Hope you guys have a good Tuesday!


post signature