Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Owen

This is Owen's room. I think it turned out pretty cute.
We went with a classic stripe pattern in here, but turned the pattern on it's side for a little more interest. I also love the width of the pattern. People often ask how to determine the appropriate width for a "banding" pattern. For this room, I went a few inches above the door frame molding, and a split the middle of the light switch plate. Things get awkward when patterns line up exactly with fixed objects, like door frames, switch plates...
This piece was a fabulous Craig's List find. One thing I love about this piece is that I can easily see it being used as a serving area in a formal dining room or living area. I loved finding ways to rework pieces throughout my home.
I am a huge fan of crystal knobs on vintage furniture. I think it adds the perfect amount of "fancy" to a refinished piece. Boy mom's, don't be afraid of crystal knobs. Crystal hardware can be manly, too...go for a geometric shape, and crystal knobs will work perfectly in your boy space.It's no secret that I am a huge fan of getting the baby's name displayed somewhere in the room. It adds that perfect, personal touch. And seeing the baby's name in this room made things even more real. I am so glad that I am no longer waiting on precious Owen to arrive!Owen, I hope you make many a memory in this room. I sure had fun praying for you while painting away. You are one adorable lil luv bug!

And just for fun, meet Owen, my sweet nephew:)

post signature